Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pop Quiz- Allie Hopkins

I'm.  Exhausted.  I was at the stadium tonight at 6:30 to start my coverage of tonight's game between East Forsyth and Glenn.  It's now 1 in the morning- Suddenly Saturday.  Why am I up?  Well, because the East Forsyth Senior Class Grand Poobah sent me the answers to her Pop Quiz!  Tonight's contestant continues our streak of stellar participants, and she did a great job answering the questions.  I even gave her a chance to get back at our participant from Glenn.

Ed. Note:  Hannah, I really love coming to your school but East is going to do very bad things to your football team this year.  You're not the only one, so don't feel bad.

Anyhoo, this week turned into an Eastfest, so the only proper way to close it out is to introduce you to my new friend, Allie Hopkins!


1.     Identify yourself! Name, school, age and class please!
Allie Hopkins, East Forsyth High School, 17, SENIOR!

2.     What is your claim to fame? What do you do? (Sports, clubs, class offices, etc.)
I guess my claim to fame would be mainly through athletics and also through class office. I have been playing Varsity soccer since freshman year and I also played Varsity basketball. I wasn’t involved in the class office until this year where I am the Senior Class President! It’s so much fun and I’m involved in practically everything so I get to meet a lot of students, which helps.

3.     Back when I was in high school, my classmates failed to see my awesomeness so I never held a class office.  Tell us what Student Body President entails.
I had to work hard to help everyone see my awesomeness; it took a lot of campaigning! Student Body President has many jobs but my favorite would have to be doing the announcements every day after school, mainly because I get out of class early! I’m also in charge of senior deans and all the projects associated with it such as Blood Drives and Date Auction. Another duty I had was to decide the senior spirit wear which was also fun. I got us sunglasses this year! Finally, every Thursday afternoon I collaborate with the Captain of the super fans, Will Taylor to send out “Alert Now” messages which are recordings that go to every student’s home encouraging them to come out and support the Eagle athletics.

4.     What makes East Forsyth special to you?  Why does it stand out?
There are so many things about East Forsyth that are special to me. I love everything about it.  We
have a great student body, great teachers and administrators and just a great atmosphere in general. No
one likes school but we make the best of it! One thing that stands out to me is the support we get from
our principal. Mrs. Gainey supports our school spirit (as long as we follow the rules of course) and
even stands up to parents when they get annoyed with us standing and being loud. It’s great to know
that even your principal has school spirit and has your back.

5.     One Direction or Justin Bieber?
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of either. Unlike most girls, I don’t have Bieber Fever and I’m not big on One Direction either. Most people think I’m crazy for it, but I guess I’m just not into that.

6.     I gave our participant from Glenn a chance to talk a little friendly junk.  In the interest of fairness, give me three reasons why East Forsyth is better than Glenn.
East Forsyth is all around 100 times better then Glenn, I don’t even know where to start. Our athletics are clearly better, our academics are better, our school is a family, our faculty rocks, we have more school spirit, and we have a better president! With the evidence presented, you can see that obviously the Eagles are better than the bobcats in every way you look at it. GO EAGLES!

7.     I covered the game at Mount Tabor a couple of weeks ago.  I certainly didn’t expect the stands to be full, especially full of students.  You guys travel pretty well!  Expound on your student section a little.
We take our student section at East Forsyth very seriously and we are very proud of it. We call our section the “Super Fans” and being a super fan is truly a lifestyle. We tailgate before every game which includes food, corn hole and pictures! We pick a theme every week and in order to stand in the Super Fan Section, you must be dressed up accordingly! We think it’s important to support our eagles no matter what, even if this means a road trip! There is nothing we love more than supporting our Eagle Athletics but our favorite is definitely the Friday Night Football!

8.     I’m guessing as President you have some idea of your future.  What are your plans after high school? (College, professional ambition, etc.)
I’m actually still trying to figure that out myself. I would love to play college soccer and that is my goal. I’m a hard worker so I do see that happening in my future. As for my professional ambition, I want to be lawyer! It will be a lot of work but I’m up for the challenge!

9.     I Googled “Allie Hopkins”.  Every article I saw mentioned you scoring goals!  How do you think playing team sports has helped you developed as a person and a leader?  
Playing sports has had a huge impact on the person I am today. Leadership generally comes natural to me and sports have helped me develop it into something positive. I’ve learned a lot about communication and teamwork, two vital aspects of life. Sports have also made me competitive and passionate, I love to win! I don’t know where or who I would be without athletics and that’s for sure!

Well, thank you, Allie!  What a great way to finish off a Football Friday! 
Want to do the Pop Quiz?  Know someone who should?  Stay tuned to the blog to find out where I'll be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Leave them here!