Thursday, October 18, 2012

An Open Letter to Reagan High School

Dear Reagan Raider Nation,

During the first week of the football season I was asked by WXII to cover your game against Glenn and provide some details for the highlight show.  I sat in the stands (live tweeting the game) and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and, of course, the football.  A week later, this little blog was born and I was off and running.



Fast forward 7 weeks and I am finally making my return visit to Pfafftown and I want nothing more than to showcase the Reagan Raiders and their incredible fans!  So this is my plea to you, dear Raiders.  I'm asking you to help me, help you.  Because you see, my friends, things have changed around these here parts.


It started, I guess, with the East Forsyth/Reynolds game.  I wanted to give my attention to the Reynolds Rowdies, but East just started routing them early.  It was awful quiet on the home side, but there was a lot of noise coming from the East Superfans student section.  I left the press box to check it out.  What I saw changed this blog forever.




I love the East Superfans.  Too bad their team is super-good and they're beating people like they stole something.  Maybe in the playoffs, though (sigh).

Next I went to Bishop.  Not 4-A.  Small school.  Not Central Piedmont Conference.  That's my alma mater, though, so I was happy to go- even if they didn't have much of a student sec...whoops.

I so love the Pit Crew.  I wrote about them here:


If you don't believe me when I say we have fun around here, just ask my friends at North Davidson.  Shoot www.ourNDsports.com an email.  I spent two straight Fridays up in Welcome, running around, taking pictures and video, interviewing students and just having a wonderful time.  In fact, it was so busy that I had my friend Dana from http://www.dewshots.com/Sports come out to professionally photograph the evening. 




I know, I know.  That's a bad-ass picture, huh?  My man Dana doesn't play.
Anyway, he's coming out with me this week so we have some better Raider pictures like this one here:


 


The image below is of my buddy Caleb and his homies that I took before the Tabor game.  They were nice enough to do an interview with me about football, themes and what to expect out of the student section.  It was very cool. And you can read all about it here.


During halftime I got bored and went down to the student section to see who I could see.  I ended up talking to some upperclassmen and put them on the blog, too.  Look at these guys!




Which leads me to last week.  I exchanged shades of orange and headed to Mocks Vegas for Davie versus Tabor.  The theme for homecoming?  Orange and camo.  Of course it is.  It's the theme for this week, too.  I'm starting to think it's the theme for every Davie event (which means I need some camo for basketball season).

I can't explain the fun we had last week in one paragraph, so read about it here.  Oh, and Raiders?  All those people are coming to Pfafftown this week.  Just a heads-up. 

Which leads me to this question:

Are you ready, Raiders? 

Are you ready for Finally Friday!?  I have my HD video camera charged, I have a pro photographer lined up, I've got my audio recorder for interviews ready, and I've got a spot in the Reagan press box that I'm ready to abandon...if you're ready to play.

If you want to be a part of all of this, let me know.  Follow me on Twitter: @FinallyFri336 and give me a shout.  Got a special cheer you want captured on film?  You better let a brotha know in advance.  Hint:  I'm doing the H20 with Tabor City next week.  Got a theme?  Again, tell me in advance and I'll dress the part.  That's just how I roll. 

Anyway, if you can't tell, I'm excited to finally see Reagan at home, and I want to capture the essence of Football Friday, Raider-style.  Stay tuned, and I'll see you guys on Friday!

Sincerely,

John
Finally Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Leave them here!