Friday, October 12, 2012

My Two Cents on the Mount Tabor Spartans



Tonight I get the pleasure of heading to Davie County for the first time this season.  It's Homecoming at Davie, and War Eagles are hosting the Mount Tabor Spartans and their top-notch defense.  The Spartans (4-3, 1-1 in conference) looking for a toe-hold on second place in the Central Piedmont.  Four of 6 teams in conference have identical 1-1 records, so Tabor needs both wins and help.  This marks the third time I've seen the Spartans this season, so I thought I'd add my two cents since they have been under the radar much of the season.

The Spartans' 4-3 record may be the most misleading statistic in their dossier, as they have fallen to East Forsyth, Fayetteville Britt and North Davidson.  Moreover, the losses to Jack Britt and North Davidson came by a total of 3 points.  Conversely, the Mount Tabor defense has allowed a combined total of 36 points in their 4 wins, while scoring 175 of their own.

In other words, Davie can't afford a Titan hangover tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Leave them here!