Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Press Box

I love Davie, but getting to the press box can be a challenge, especially if one of the gates is locked and accidentally unattended.  When this happens, one has to meander down to the other end of the sideline and walk through the visiting cheerleaders and, occaisonally, the visiting band.  It wouldn't be a problem on this night, however, because Mount Tabor NEVER trav...





Look on the front row.  I would bet my life savings that at least four of those students will attend college on a full academic scholarship.  Fact:  Student body president and Pop Quiz! veteran Catherine Wayne is one of these students.  When I reached them, they were finishing up an abridged version of H2O, which allegedly is the best student section cheer on the planet for all time, but I've always missed.  However, those kids are great and I was asked multiple times to come to one of the next two home games.  Message received, Tabor City.  We'll make it happen.

Getting back to H2O, I wasn't too upset about missing it because Tabor City needs the drumline to do it, anyway.  Anyone paying attention in the Twitterverse this week knew that the drumline wasn't making the trip, sparking a #FREETHEDRUMLINE hashtag that was trending harder than #VPDEBATE on Thursday.

Oh, wait.  They were there?




I heart Tabor City.  I need a water bottle, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Leave them here!